Self Guided Group Tours
Guests will enjoy:
- A brief introduction by a Kingwood staff member inside our visitor center, the Garden Gateway
- Garden maps for all tour guests
- Strolling through 47 acres of grounds that include exquisite gardens, historic statues and fountains, woodland nature trails, and two ponds
- Exploring Mr. King’s former home, Kingwood Hall, a 1926 French Provincial-style mansion – open 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily, February through October
- Discovering exotic plants in the Display Greenhouse or a literary adventure on the Storybook Trail
$6 per person
Choose Your Adventure Guided Tours
Each tour is $12 per person. Please plan for about an hour per tour.
A Kingwood docent will lead you room by room through the majestic Kingwood Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Grounds & Gardens
Journey through the gardens on this tour that focuses on horticulture. Learn about our historic gardens, plants of interest, and other unique features.
Fountains & Statues
Interested in art and history? On this tour through the grounds, you will explore Kingwood’s many statues, fountains, and other landmarks.
Golf Cart Tours
A guide will escort you on a tour of the gardens from the comfort of one of our golf carts for a flat fee of $85. Wheelchair accessible golf cart seats 5 guests and 1 wheelchair user. Gas powered golf cart seats 7 guests. Please note, all other venues, other than the grounds and gardens, are self-guided with this option.
School groups may receive free, self-guided group visits during approved times on weekdays only. Advanced registration is required.
The student to chaperone ratio is 15:1. Every teacher/chaperone within this ratio is free.
Any additional chaperones will pay a discounted Adult Group Tour Rate admission of $6 per chaperone.
A total count of students, teachers and chaperones is required at time of reservation. Any additional, unaccounted guests will be charged regular admission pricing at $8 per person.
School groups can pack lunches or purchase a boxed lunch option. Advanced notice is required for the boxed lunch option. School groups may enjoy their lunches outdoors; an indoor option may be requested, depending on availability.
Group Lunch Tour Add-on
Catered by our premiere caterer, Buehler’s Fresh Foods, treat your group to one of the following dining options:
- Boxed lunch
- $12-14 per person
- Buffet lunch
- $15-18 per person
All pre-booked group lunches include an indoor venue for your group to enjoy their meals.
About Our Tours
- Groups must consist of at least 15 paid guests to receive group pricing
- Children 12 and under are free for self-guided tours and count toward the group total
- Group tours are unavailable Saturdays
- One tour per day – availability is limited
- Group rates are unavailable during large events such as Christmas at Kingwood and Pumpkin Glow
- All group tours must be scheduled at least two weeks prior to tour dates
- Tours may be refunded if canceled at least 3 business days in advance
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of reservation