Self Guided Group Tours
Guests will enjoy:
- A brief introduction by a Kingwood staff member inside our visitor center, the Garden Gateway
- Garden maps for all tour guests
- Strolling through 47 acres of grounds that include exquisite gardens, historic statues and fountains, woodland nature trails, and two ponds
- Exploring Mr. King’s former home, Kingwood Hall, a 1926 French Provincial-style mansion – open 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily, February through October
- Discovering exotic plants in the Display Greenhouse or a literary adventure on the Storybook Trail
- Visiting our current exhibits, “The Story of Kingwood” and “Elegant Entertaining”
$6 per person
Choose Your Adventure Guided Tours
Each tour is $12 per person. Please plan for about an hour per tour.
A Kingwood docent will lead you room by room through Kingwood Hall, the majestic former home of Charles Kelley King. Your tour will include the newly renovated third floor.
Grounds & Gardens
Journey through the gardens on this tour that focuses on horticulture. Learn about our historic gardens, plants of interest, and other unique features.
Fountains & Statues
Interested in art and history? On this tour through the grounds, your group will explore Kingwood’s many statues, fountains, and other landmarks.
Take a journey back in time while you explore another mansion known as the Townsend House. Located across from our main grounds, you’ll discover the unique history behind this beautiful home.
Golf Cart Tours
A guide will escort you on a tour of the gardens from the comfort of one of our golf carts. Our golf cart tours accommodate 1 to 7 guests and have a flat fee of $85. Please note, all other venues, other than the grounds and gardens, are self-guided with this option. Not available on Saturdays.
Free self-guided tours: School groups, including home school and college groups, receive free self-guided group visits during approved times on weekdays only. Advanced registration is required.
Guided tours: Group tours of Kingwood Hall, the Grounds & Gardens, or Statues & Fountains are available for $4 per student. Please note, Townsend House tours are only available for students 16 and older. Guided tours for school groups are recommended for third grade and above.
School groups can pack lunches or purchase a boxed lunch option. Advanced notice is required for the boxed lunch option. School groups may eat outdoors or inside the service room at Kingwood Hall depending on availability.
For either tour option, there is student to chaperone ratio is 15:1. Every teacher/chaperone within this ratio is free.
For self-guiding School Groups, any additional chaperones will pay a discounted Adult Group Tour Rate admission of $6 per chaperone. For Guided School Group Tours, any additional chaperones will pay regular admission at $8 per chaperone.
A total count of students, teachers and chaperones is required at time of reservation. Any additional on day of visit will be charged regular admission pricing at $8 per person regardless of tour type.
Group Lunch Tour Add-on
Catered by our premiere caterer, Buehler’s Fresh Foods, treat your group to one of the following dining options:
- Boxed lunch – $12 per person
- Hot Lunch – $15 per person
- Buffet Meal – $18 per person
All pre-booked group lunches include an indoor venue for your group to enjoy their meals.
About Our Tours
- Groups must consist of at least 15 paid guests to receive group pricing
- Children 12 and under are free for self-guided tours and count toward the group total
- Group tours are unavailable Saturdays
- One tour per day – availability is limited
- Group rates are unavailable during large events such as Christmas at Kingwood and Pumpkin Glow
- All group tours must be scheduled at least two weeks prior to tour dates
- Tours may be refunded if canceled at least 3 business days in advance
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of reservation