What is a Flower Show?
The Spring Flower Show is a judged flower show open to the public. It is open to both adults and children to bring their best horticultural specimens and artistic designs for judging, or to just view and experience.
Each year a different theme is chosen in which the artistic design categories and staging follow. This year's theme is “Caution! Kingwood is Growing!”
How do I take part?
The Spring Flower Show will happen Saturday, June 1st, from 2 to 6 PM and Sunday, June 2nd from 9 AM to 5 PM. All are welcome to submit entries for any division. Submissions must be made on Saturday, June 1st between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Kingwood’s Spring Flower Show booklet and entry cards are available at the Admissions booth and the Greenhouse. All entries are judged by accredited judges from the Gardeners of America.
Awards & Prizes
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best of Show
- Sweepstakes (most blue ribbons)
- Overall Section and Division Winners
- Best of Show and Runner-up in Division One - Horticulture
- Best of Show and Runner-up in Division Three - Artistic Design
- Ribbons will be given for each class
- First Place - Blue Ribbon
- Second Place - Red Ribbon
- Third Place - Yellow Ribbon
- Honorable Mention - White
2019 Prizes Include: Gift baskets, tickets to local attractions, Wine Walk tickets, a 1-night stay at The Red Dahlia Guesthouse, free room rentals with lunch, and Kingwood memberships.
For a full list of entry divisions, Click Here!