Reports to: Director of Education
Classification: Part-time, temporary
The Cultivation Education Assistant position is designed to provide informal classroom experience, under supervision of the Education Director, with a focus on environmentaleducation and building leadership skills working with school-age children. This part-time, temporary position will have the opportunity to work with all departments at Kingwood Center Gardens, guests, and volunteers to gain a broad understanding of how a non-profit estate garden operates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing course materials with the Education Intern and Dir. Of Education prior to participant arrival.
- Assisting the Education Intern and Director of Education with implementing the lesson plan each day of class.
- Monitoring children’s behavior and safety, making sure they are following our 4 Rules of Respect.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working with children in a classroom-setting, informal or formal.
- Active First Aid/CPR certification preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working with children in both organized and informal situations.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Must pass a background check.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com