Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
The Welcome Desk Lead Associate’s primary duty is to ensure an excellent guest experience to all visitors at Kingwood Center Gardens. Scheduling, training, and supervision of the part time Welcome Desk staff is also a focus of this position. Welcome Desk Associates are the “Face of Kingwood” and are instrumental in creating a positive experience for our guests—strong customer service skills are a must. This is a full-time, hourly position working 40 hours a week. A typical work week would include Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm. Occasional weekends, holidays, and evening shifts may be required throughout the year. This position reports to the Visitor Services Director.
- Work with part time associates to establish a monthly work schedule and ensure that all needed shifts are filled
- Provide regular training to new and existing staff to ensure excellent communication and customer service levels.
- Attend weekly Visitor Services meetings and relay needed information back to Welcome Desk staff
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while demonstrating a superior level of hospitality and knowledge to Kingwood visitors
- Process ticket sales and membership admittance
- Provide membership information and solicit membership sales
- Relay pertinent event details and upcoming points of interest to guests
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to the proper channels
- Help Volunteer staff check in and out for their volunteer shifts
- Maintain a clean, safe, enjoyable and helpful atmosphere for visitors and staff.
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior reception, front desk, or customer service supervision is required
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff, and volunteers
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities
- Must be able to handle multiple projects or tasks
- Comply with a flexible work schedule
- A college degree is highly desirable, but not required
- Previous customer service experience is required