Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
The Venue Coordinator’s primary duty is to ensure the successful planning and logistics of all weddings and rentals that occur at Kingwood Center Gardens. This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Visitor Services Director. The Venue Coordinator will work with all departments at Kingwood Center Gardens, select vendors, and our premiere catering team.
- Provide outstanding customer service to our guests and clients, prompt response time to emails and phone calls / inquires, as well as possessing excellent interpersonal skills
- Attend weekly Visitor Services meetings and hold weekly event logistics meetings and email communication with Kingwood staff to assure all rental needs are met
- Hire, train, and supervise the Kingwood Event Assistant and set-up crew
- Communicate professionally and thoroughly with rental clients from the point of inquiry through follow-up procedures (inquiry, correspondence, tours, contracts, payments, planning, vendor communications, diagramming, rehearsals, managing security deposits, thank yous)
- Manage and oversee rentals the day they occur, including welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, managing tear-down, and creative problem-solving.
- Issue invoices/collect payments and create comprehensive budget/income reporting to directors as needed
- Work alongside Kingwood’s premier caterer’s on-site representative to ensure rental needs are well planned and communicated
- Plan and implement strategies for increased rental potential
- All other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and comfortable working with the public in both organized and informal situations
- Experience with event planning is required for this position (2-3 years is preferred)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Strong event planning and tracking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office Suite as well as ability to learn Blackbaud Altru operations management software
- Experience with event management software is a plus
- Prior event or venue sales history is ideal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred but not required