Visitor Services Education Intern for Kingwood Center Gardens
Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
This part time paid internship opportunity is available to college students who have a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in education and / or hospitality. The Education Internship position is designed to provide practical experience, with shared supervision from the Visitor Services Director and Education Coordinator, with a main focus on educational programs. This internship will have the opportunity to work with all departments at Kingwood Center Gardens, guests, and volunteers to gain a broad understanding of how a non-profit estate garden operates.
- Assist with our Cultivation Education summer youth series (Weekly, June – July).
- Oversee operations in the Peacock playhouse (our children’s education space).
- Research curriculum standards for Ohio (Pre-K – 3rd grade) with focus of future summer camp series.
- Assist with select Kingwood Summer events, educational programs, etc… as needed.
- Work with Education Coordinator to develop group school tour options plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working with the public in both organized and informal situations.
- Experience working with early education and customer service is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university during the 2021 – 2022 school year.
Please no phone calls or in person visits regarding the position.