Kingwood Center Gardens is proud to announce its APP and eBeacon experience!
Once you download the App, you won't just get instant information about Kingwood anytime and anywhere, you will also get an intimate and educational experience through eBeacons.
The App, while open on the estate, will connect to 12 eBeacons which have content, written by our horticultural staff, that will enlighten you on the particular area you are in. Some content will be historical, some will be horticultural, and some will be just plain fun.
You will also get rewards to use at Kingwood! There is a reward just for downloading the App, a birthday reward, and a reward for a product in the Garden Shop.
Content will always be changing, so it is best to check back and check-in often!
Getting started is easy! Just follow the steps below.
1. Enable Wifi: If you will be downloading on the grounds of Kingwood, go to your Wifi settings. Select "Kingwood Center" and accept the terms. If you are off-site, use the Wifi that you normally have for your phone in that location.
2. Download in your App store: Whether an iPhone or Android, go to your App store.
Search for "Kingwood Center Gardens". You will recognize us by the icon . Download the FREE App. It takes about 1-2 minutes for the complete download at Kingwood Center Gardens.
3. Register the App: Complete the registration form. Add your birthday if you would like to receive birthday rewards.
4. Enable your Bluetooth: You may be prompted to do this; however, if not, go to Settings on your phone and navigate to Bluetooth. You will see this symbol at the top of your phone when the Bluetooth is active. You will ONLY need the Bluetooth on when you are on the grounds to experience the eBeacons.
5. Look for the "B"s: We have identified the eBeacons with a sign that simply shows the letter B. As you explore Kingwood, keep your eye out for the Bs. Make sure your App is OPEN, and the content from the eBeacon will automatically pop up on your phone.
Tips and Tricks to make your experience flawless!
- Make sure the App is OPEN and your Bluetooth ON in order to connect with the eBeacons.
- If content is not popping up on your screen, go to Settings within the App (located in the bottom right). Open Settings. If it does not read "Beacon Support Enabled" and have a checkmark next to Notifications, your phone will unfortunately NOT connect to the eBeacons.
- If you see something in the gardens and you want even more information from the Kingwood staff about it, TAKE A PICTURE. Then, navigate to the "Say Hi" tile. Enter your question and attach the photo. Our staff will usually respond within 72 hours. You can also just upload a fun picture, or ask a question/make a comment without a picture. We love to hear from you, so please ask away!
- To know what Kingwood finds as particularly interesting, navigate to "What not to miss" on your App tiles.
For any other issues or questions, contact a Kingwood Staff member. We will be happy to help!
Please note that our Park Ave. gate is only open for special events. If you use a GPS device or a directions website, enter 50 N. Trimble Rd. as the address. That will take you to our Trimble Rd. gate.
From the north:
Take I-71 South, go west toward Mansfield on Rt. 30 for about 6 miles, turn left (south) onto Trimble Rd. Follow Trimble past football stadium on left. Gate will be on your left before the next light.
From the south:
I-71 North, take Mansfield/Rt. 13 exit, turn left onto 13 from ramp. Follow Rt. 13, exit at Cook Rd. Turn left and go approx. 3 miles until you reach Trimble (light there). Turn right and follow Trimble to Trimble Rd. gate - first right past Park Ave. West.
From the west:
Rt. 30 East, turn right (south) onto Trimble Rd. Follow Trimble past football stadium on left. Gate will be on your left before the next light.
From the east:
Rt. 30 West, turn left (south) onto Trimble Rd. Follow Trimble past football stadium on left. Gate will be on your left before the next light.
We are now offering our Golf Carts for rent!
If you have a physical limitation, but still want to enjoy all of the nooks and crannies at Kingwood, then consider renting a golf cart. The carts will be driven by a trained Visitor Services Associate, and you have the option of a knowledgeable tour guide.
The following rules, apply:
- Minimum of three (3) hour rental
- Minimum of two (2) weeks notice
- Only trained staff may be the drivers of the golf carts
- 1-2 guests: $10 per hour
- 3-7 guests: $15 per hour
- With tour guide: additional $3.00 per hour
Please fill in this form and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
NOTE: Full payment is required at time of booking. A 50% refund will be given to cancellations with a 72 hour or more notice. No refund will be given with less than a 72 hour notice of cancellation.
* Rental does not include admission to Kingwood.
Love Kingwood so much, you just wish you had a piece of it to take home with you?
Know someone on your "Nice List" for Christmas who loves Kingwood?
Just want to support your favorite non-profit?
NOW YOU CAN DO ALL OF THE ABOVE!
Introducing the brand new Kingwood Center Gardens store!
20% of the proceeds will go directly to Kingwood so we can continue our mission of creating beautiful gardens for your enjoyment, education and inspiration.
All of the items have been created using our new tag line, Growing Memories, and will be created just for you!
(And, Volunteers and Staff, we haven't forgotten you! Look for items created especially for you.)
*Please note that the top tabs on the storefront are placeholders only. To see products, go into the Kingwood logo of your choosing.
OPEN DAILY, APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER
Receive $5 off a purchase of $25 or more with your admission receipt.
- Many different plants including perennials, tropicals, cacti, herbs, annuals, and seasonal plants
- Gardening tools and garden art, e.g. bird baths, bird feeders, wind chimes, fairy garden accessories and other garden accents
- Kingwood mementos, e.g. post cards, greeting cards, magnets, peacock feather and other peacock themed garden accessories
- Friendly knowledgeable staff
- Open every day from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Members/Volunteers receive 10% off Garden Shop sales.
Open: April 1st through October 31st
Closed: November, January, February & March
Grounds: 9am to 7pm, daily
- $5.00 per car
- $2.00 per pedestrian and bicycle
- Members/Volunteers free daily admission
August 5 - October 1
RIBBIT THE EXHIBIT is here
During this exhibit, admission will be $5.00 per person. Children 6 and under will be free.
NOW is the PERFECT time to get or gift a MEMBERSHIP!
Become a MEMBER and enjoy the benefits all year long!
Greenhouse: 9am to 6pm, daily
- With your $5.00 admission receipt, receive $5.00 off your purchase of $25.00 or more at Kingwood's Garden Shop, located inside the Greenhouse. Discount must be redeemed the same date of admission receipt.
Kingwood Hall: May 7 - July 30
- Self-Guided Tours Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm, free.
- Guided tours are $3.00 per person, ages 6 & under free.
- Guided tours typically offered Saturdays 11am and Sundays 2pm. (Times and availability subject to change)
Purchase your Guided Tour Tickets here!
Kingwood Hall: August 1 - September 30
- Self-Guided Tours, Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm, free.
- Self-Guided Tours, Saturday & Sunday from 11am-3pm, free.
- To schedule a guided tour, call MacKenzie Cole at 419.522.0211, ext. 108
Please note - NO PETS on Kingwood grounds
Beverage and snack vending machines available near the restrooms in the Workshop building.
From time to time, photos will be taken of guests visiting Kingwood Center Gardens. Kingwood reserves the right to use these photos for communication, promotional and marketing purposes.