Become a member of the Kingwood Center Gardens’ Visitor Services Support Team and enjoy the unique opportunity to work outdoors in the splendor of our beautiful horticultural displays. Spend your summer as a guest ambassador and be a part of all the events and happenings offered here at Mansfield’s garden oasis.
This position reports to the Visitor Services Support and Security Supervisor. This position is a year-round, part-time position with a more limited schedule available in the months of November through March. Applicants must be willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends. Schedules for this position will vary throughout the year.
- Security: Provide general security coverage for the Kingwood’s grounds. This would include but is not limited to; providing passive deterrence of theft and vandalism in the parking lot, making rounds to ensure the security of all Kingwood buildings, making sure that all visitors have left the Kingwood premises and securing all gates at closing time.
- Rentals & Events: Assist with the successful implementation of all Kingwood rentals and events. This can include but is not limited to; setting up venues, cleaning venues, assisting other staff with requested task implementation including tasks that help to make Kingwood rentals and events quality experiences for guests.
- General clean up: Conducting basic clean up functions around Kingwood Center. This would include but is not limited to; making sure that trash cans are emptied at appropriate times, occasional cleaning of visitor restrooms, and picking up all litter and debris encountered while on regular patrols.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while demonstrating a superior level of hospitality when working with the public, volunteers, and staff.
- Maintain a clean, safe, enjoyable, and helpful atmosphere for visitors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects or tasks.
- Comply with a flexible work schedule.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, or equivalent, is highly desirable.
- Previous security and customer service experience is highly desirable.
- Should expect consistent bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching; requires full extension of arms, grasping, holding, and pulling in all of these positions.
- Must be able to lift and carry approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position 95% of workday.
- Non-traditional hours are required.
To respond please send cover letter and resume in care of: