Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
This position is a part-time year-round hourly position that reports to the Garden Shop Supervisor. The Garden Shop Associate assists with day-to-day retail operations at Kingwood Center Gardens which consist of the indoor gift shop area, the retail greenhouse, and the outdoor plant sales area. This position works closely with both the Horticulture and Visitors Service Departments to confirm that the needs of Kingwood Center Gardens retail, staffing, and open hours are met. It is also the goal of this position to confirm guests are provided excellent customer service while shopping our retail spaces.
- Take lead for Garden and Gift Shop in the absence of Garden and Gift Shop Supervisor
- Manages seasonal employees in absence of Shop Supervisor.
- Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences when budget allows.
- Assist in visual merchandising and maintain the quality of displays and merchandise.
- Assist in processing stock of goods and plants including preparing shipment for ticketing, printing, and placement of tickets.
- Restock and replace merchandise daily.
- Helps maintain plant material including watering fertilizing, deadheading, and scouting for pests.
- Assist customers in the Garden and Gift Shop by answering questions, processing sales, loading items.
- Candidates must be willing to work in extreme weather environments and weekend/holiday/evening work as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Horticultural knowledge and hands-on experience with plants is a plus.
- Knowledge of point of sales software, visual merchandising, customer service, inventory management, communication, and a passion for sales
- Must be able to lift to 40lbs.
- Must be self-motivated, have ability to follow through with instructions, able to occasionally work alone.
- Be open to continued education of plant material and products.