Front Desk Associate, Visitor Services Department
Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
The Front Desk Associates assist all visitors to Kingwood Center Gardens. This is typically a part time, 24 hour a week position. Front Desk Associates are the “Face of Kingwood” and instrumental in creating a positive experience for our guests—strong customer service skills are a must. This position is required to work some weekends, holidays, and evening shifts. Typical shifts would be from 9am – 5:30pm or from 10:30am to 7pm during peak season months. This position reports to the Volunteer and Front Desk Supervisor.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while demonstrating a superior level of hospitality and knowledge to Kingwood visitors.
- Process ticket sales and membership admittance
- Provide membership information and solicit membership sales
- Relay pertinent event details and upcoming points of interest to guests
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to the proper channels
- Help Volunteer staff check in and out for their volunteer shifts
- Maintain a clean, safe, enjoyable and helpful atmosphere for visitors and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects or tasks.
- Comply with a flexible work schedule.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, or equivalent, is highly desirable.
- Previous customer service experience is highly desirable.
To respond please send cover letter and resume in care of: