Thank you for your interest in Kingwood Center Gardens!
Visitors Services Winter Intern for Kingwood Center Gardens
Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
This part time paid internship opportunity is available to college students who have a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in education, business, hospitality, or marketing. The Visitors Services Internship position is designed to provide practical experience, with supervision from the Visitors Services Director, in all components of the Visitors Services department with a strong focus on education. This internship will have the opportunity to work with all departments at Kingwood Center Gardens and gain a broad understanding of how a non-profit estate garden operates.
- Work with the Visitors Services Director, staff, and instructors to develop upcoming educational workshops to be offered to the public at Kingwood Center Gardens.
- Assist is setting guidelines for scheduling workshops, pricing, and revenue projections on educational workshops.
- Create from start to finish a workshop listing to distribute to the public in the Spring of 2019 that advertises the Spring series of workshops.
- Build components of the workshops in our online sales database as well as our web site.
- Help to increase and organize our photo library for marketing and promotion purposes.
- Assist with volunteers as needed.
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working with the public in both organized and informal situations.
- Experience working with education or marketing is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
Please no phone calls or in person visits regarding the position.
*Please note that applications are only accepted for currently advertised job openings and all applications will be kept on record for 90 days.