Thank you for your interest in Kingwood Center Gardens!
Visitors Services Seasonal Associate
Kingwood Center Gardens in Mansfield, Ohio is seeking Visitors Services Seasonal Associates.
Built in 1926 for Mr. and Mrs. Charles Kelley King, the 47-acre estate opened as a public garden in 1953, one year after Mr. King's death. He left his home and most of his accumulated wealth to the private foundation that continues to operate Kingwood Center today as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Kingwood Center Gardens develops and displays exemplary gardens on the former estate for the pleasure and education of its constituents. Auxiliary activities and programs are offered to support and to accentuate the enjoyment and understanding of the gardens and horticulture.
Kingwood Center Gardens' Visitors Services seasonal staff work in admissions, event set up, and security roles. Flexible shifts available, some weekends and evening shifts required. A strong focus on customer service is needed for this role, prior point of sale and customer service or event experience is a plus. This position is part time (approx. 24 hours a week) and is seasonal.
- Valid Driver License
- Willing to work in all types of weather
- Physically able to bend over, kneel, and lift objects up to 30 pounds in weight
- Basic knowledge of database configuration and data entry (Microsoft Excel and Access)
- Reliable transportation
Candidates must also take a drug test as well as pass a background check.
Submit a current resume to the following to:
Brandon Clayton, Visitors Services Director
Visitors Services Winter Intern
Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
This part time paid internship opportunity is available to college students who have a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in education, business, hospitality, or marketing. The Visitors Services Internship position is designed to provide practical experience, with supervision from the Visitors Services Director, in all components of the Visitors Services department with a strong focus on education. This internship will have the opportunity to work with all departments at Kingwood Center Gardens and gain a broad understanding of how a non-profit estate garden operates.
- Work with the Visitors Services Director, staff, and instructors to develop upcoming educational workshops to be offered to the public at Kingwood Center Gardens.
- Assist is setting guidelines for scheduling workshops, pricing, and revenue projections on educational workshops.
- Create from start to finish a workshop listing to distribute to the public in the Spring of 2020 that advertises the Spring series of workshops.
- Build components of the workshops in our online sales database as well as our web site.
- Assist with select Kingwood Events as needed (admissions, support, etc…)
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working with the public in both organized and informal situations.
- Experience working with education or marketing is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
Please no phone calls or in person visits regarding the position.