Thank you for your interest in Kingwood Center Gardens!
Part Time Visitor Services Associate
Dedicated in 1953, Kingwood Center Gardens is a cultural and educational center with special emphasis on ornamental horticulture and gardening. The Kingwood mission is “to create beautiful gardens for enjoyment, education, and inspiration”.
Become a member of Kingwood Center Gardens Visitor Services Team and enjoy the unique opportunity to work outdoors in the splendor of our beautiful horticultural displays. Spend your summer as a guest ambassador and be a part of all the events and happenings offered here at Mansfield’s garden oasis. This is an exciting time to come aboard as Kingwood is presently in an era of growth and development, with many new offerings planned just around the corner.
This position reports to the Visitor Services Supervisor. It is a part-time, seasonal position, running from April through October, including limited work in November and December. Applicants must be willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends. The pay for this position is $10 per hour and ranges from 16 - 24 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Admissions: Collecting appropriate admission fees via an electronic POS system. Providing any and all necessary information to assist in the creation of a quality experience for all visitors upon their arrival to Kingwood Center.
- Rentals & Events: Assist with the successful implementation of all Kingwood rentals and events. This can include but is not limited to; setting up chairs and tables for venues, cleaning venues, assisting other staff with tasks that help to make Kingwood rentals and events quality experiences for guests.
- General Clean Up: Conducting basic clean up functions around Kingwood Center Gardens. This would include, but is not limited to; making sure that trash cans are emptied at appropriate times, cleaning the visitor rest rooms, and picking up all litter and debris encountered while on regular patrols.
- Safety & Security: Be a first responder to ensure the safety of patrons, staff, and center grounds. This would include, but is not limited to; providing passive deterrence of theft and vandalism in the parking lot, making rounds to ensure the security of all Kingwood buildings by turning out lights, checking thermostats, locking doors, and setting alarm systems, and making sure that all visitors have left the Kingwood premises and closing the gate at closing time.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while demonstrating a superior level of hospitality when working with the public, volunteers and staff.
- Maintain a clean, safe, enjoyable and helpful atmosphere for visitors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to conduct each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and /or abilities required.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages, diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects or tasks.
- Comply with a flexible work schedule.
- Should expect occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching; and requires full extension of arms, grasping, holding, and pulling in all of these positions.
- Should be able to lift and carry approximately 50 pounds.
- Should be able to access by foot all areas of Kingwood property.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Smoking/tobacco use is prohibited while on the property.
- We require applicant's be 16 years or older to apply.
Please no phone calls or in person visits regarding the position.
*Please note that applications are only accepted for currently advertised job openings and all applications will be kept on record for 90 days.